Kathleen Riordan LSCSW
Individual, Couple and Family Therapy
- Licensed Specialist Clinical Social Worker (LSCSW)
- Clinical Member, National Association of Social Workers (NASW)
- Accredited Clinical Social Worker Credential (ACSW)
- Postgraduate Training Program in Family Therapy, Menninger Kansas City
- Postgraduate Program in Psychotherapy & Family Therapy, Georgetown Family Center, Washington D.C.
- Twenty Years of General Clinical Practice
- Research re: Families with Juvenile Offenders
- Research re: Second Generation Leaders of Family Owned Businesses
- Co-Founder of KC Center for Family Systems
- Marriage Preparation with Engaged Couples
Theory Guided Practice
My clinical practice is guided by Bowen family systems theory. Family systems theory sees the family as an emotional unit with individual family members emotionally interdependent and part of a broader relationship system. The years of developing and relating in a unique family context go toward shaping how individuals ultimately come to function and relate with important others.
METHODS OF PAYMENT
Individuals may choose to use insurance or pay out of pocket.
When planning to use insurance check your behavioral health benefit to learn
- If I’m an in-network provider
- If you need prior authorization
- If you have a deductible to meet before insurance pays
- Payment can be made with credit card.
Prairie Village, KS 66208
My Clinical Practice
We humans often struggle with stressful and challenging circumstances in our personal and professional lives. These problems can involve relationship difficulties accompanied with considerable anxiety. The focus of clinical work is to more clearly define the problem, consider ways to reduce the level of stress and identify more useful ways of relating with important others.
Phone and virtual HIPAA compliant appointments are available.